The Higher Enterprise Bureau on Tuesday issued a warning for Seattle Movers WA, a shifting firm headquartered in Seattle.
The BBB has acquired 5 complaints over the previous 9 months, two Rip-off Tracker experiences and 5 1-star buyer critiques, in keeping with the bureau.
Prospects who used Seattle Movers WA reported lacking and broken objects in complaints submitted to the BBB.
Prospects additionally mentioned the agreed-upon worth was elevated earlier than the transfer was full. Seattle Movers WA then demanded prospects pay further charges earlier than movers would unload the truck, the BBB mentioned. When prospects tried to complain, firm representatives supplied a telephone quantity to a different shifting enterprise, leaving prospects with no technique to contact Seattle Movers WA, in keeping with the BBB.
Prospects have discovered Seattle Movers WA via ads on Craigslist, the BBB mentioned. As just lately as 2 p.m. Tuesday, Seattle Movers WA was nonetheless promoting on Craigslist, although the corporate’s web site was inactive.
Enterprise license searches with the Washington secretary of state, U.S. Division of Transportation and Washington Utilities and Transportation Fee present Seattle Movers WA doesn’t have correct licenses.
The BBB has reached out to Seattle Movers WA a number of occasions to attempt to resolve prospects’ claims, however the firm has not responded, the BBB mentioned.
The Seattle Occasions was unable to achieve Seattle Movers WA on Wednesday.
Earlier than publishing complaints and buyer critiques on an organization’s BBB profile web page — whether or not a enterprise has BBB accreditation or not — the BBB investigates all submitted interactions. The BBB points a shopper warning provided that a enterprise is appearing unethically within the market and fails to answer contact from the BBB.
The variety of shopper warnings the BBB points “can actually fluctuate,” mentioned Logan Hickle, BBB Washington public relations and communications supervisor. “It might be one monthly, one per quarter or one per yr.”
The buyer warning for Seattle Movers WA is the one lively warning for companies within the Seattle space, Hickle mentioned.
Customers’ greatest shot at a profitable transfer “begins with researching shifting firms and understanding methods to ask the correct questions,” mentioned Dene’ Joubert, the investigations supervisor for BBB Nice West + Pacific.
BBB has the following tips for locating a reliable enterprise, verifying licensing and insurance coverage necessities and guaranteeing belongings keep protected and safe:
- Confirm licensing. Many states, together with Washington, have a Public Utilities Fee (utc.wa.gov) for movers working inside the state that deal with family items. Customers can test with these businesses to ensure their mover is licensed and insured, or discover out whether or not they have been the topic of any complaints or enforcement actions. Movers that function from state to state are required to be licensed with the U.S. Division of Transportation.
- Confirm the corporate’s repute, complaints and critiques. When hiring a mover, your greatest guess is to search for a longtime firm with a constructive repute in your neighborhood. Use on-line assets and ask family and friends for suggestions.
- Require an in-person estimate. This can be a nice technique to get to know your shifting firm. Store round and get quotes from multiple firm. Be cautious of lowball provides or a worth that feels too good to be true.
- Get the whole lot in writing. Verify the mover’s estimate and any additional charges, and guarantee particular pickup and supply dates are listed. For those who get any quotes by telephone, it’s nonetheless a good suggestion to get written documentation of all of the companies you mentioned or are receiving.
- Take into account buying further insurance coverage. Customers have the choice to buy third-party insurance coverage insurance policies, which some shifting firms will supply to acquire on their behalf. In Washington, “movers will need to have mover’s legal responsibility for loss or injury to your objects throughout your transfer. Nevertheless, their legal responsibility will probably be lower than the worth of your items. The mover shouldn’t be accountable for the complete worth of your property except you pay a further cost for that safety,” in keeping with Tariff 15-C of the Utilities and Transportation Fee.